Sunday, December 2, 2007

Gratitude and then some!

After reading all of your blogs, I felt like I needed to join in too. So here's my Top Ten list of things for which I'm most grateful:
10. Sleeping in on Sunday mornings (Allen 4th starts at 1pm) because it's the only day I have off from the Santa Set.
9. That the Allen Eagles made it to the playoffs and that HS Football is over for the year!
8. My job with Santa! I get to work with Roxi, Big Bruce, Jordan, Ashley, Austin, Todd and sometimes my own husband. I am blessed!
7. Unemployment. How can that be? Well, if Bruce was working full time, there wouldn't be anyone here for Christian when he gets home from school. What a great blessing! It also makes us appreciate Army life even more than before!
6. Our country. The last 22 years were a wonderful adventure and I'm so thankful that Bruce was able to serve in the army and that we got to see first hand the sacrifices that so many troops make so that we can enjoy the freedoms that we have here.
5. Extended Family: My mom! The entire Hopewell Clan. Ira, Nancy & Todd
4. My Children! Craig - smart, funny, stubborn as a bull, but really going places (like to the temple!) and strengthening his testimony along the way. Ashley - what will I do without her when she heads back to Rexburg? She's always been the stalwart in our family setting an example to be followed and obviously knowing exactly what she wants! Austin - makes me laugh, strong willed and sometimes (often) annoying!! He keeps us on our knees and blesses our lives! Sarah - already grown up at 12 and making us all crazy! Her singing in the shower, and around the house is truly music to our ears (maybe not to Austin's though!) Christian - smart, silly, and what a stinker! He always reminds us to have Family Home Evening and to make it fun! Wants to be just like his brothers....scary, huh!!
3. A husband who plays the role of "Stay at Home Dad" to perfection making housework, homework, & cooking seem so easy! I love him with all my heart and am so thankful that he doesn't just put up with me, but loves me no matter what!!
2. The Gospel. It seems cliche, but it must be said: The gospel, the way it's taught and all of the programs of the chuch are the same no matter where in the world you go. It is true! Without the restoration of the gospel, we wouldn't have the priesthood to bless our lives and I've personally needed the comfort a priesthood blessing brings in just the last week. I'm thankful that the men in our family honor their priesthood!
1. The Savior. Just knowing that He knows me and understands everything that I've ever gone through and that I'm going though....that's all I need. You know how it feels when you talk to a close friend about a problem and they totally get it because they've gone through something similar? Well, that's how it is with Christ. He is that friend that gets it because He felt it. He suffered through it all in the Garden of Gethsemane. He knows. I am so thankful for Him. I truly "stand all amazed..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hopewell Family said...

We love all of you and are so glad you are here