Tuesday, September 30, 2008

It's Great to be 8!

Christian has reached the ripe old age of 8 years. We had a very small yet very LOUD party for him yesterday after school. Who knew five boys could make so much noise. I was thrilled when they all went home!

For those of you who didn't already know this, Christian has been in a band since summer....he plays guitar. He is the best guitarist EVER according to the other band members. So, can you guess what he wanted for his birthday? A Gee Tar! Now I've got to find someone to teach him how to really play and not just pretend. He is awfully cute when he's strummin' away! Man, I wish we'd kept your guitar, Jake!!!

Also, everyone please mark your calendars. Christian's baptism is on Saturday, October 11 @ 4pm @ the stake center. We'd love to see you all there to share this special day with us.

6 comments:

Roeckers said...

Dear Wendy:

You can get a good starter guitar set for just over $100. I would recommend getting one from a music store and not Wal-Mart.

In any case the guitar has served me well. I'm glad to have it.

I'm amazed that kids don't have hearing loss from their own screaming all the time. I'm certain that a portion of my hearing loss is from theirs--wouldn't you agree?

Coop, Trish, and the kids said...

'bout time you updated this. :)

Happy Birthday, Christian!

Jeni said...

Happy birthday Christian and yay for Aunt Wendy remembering she has a blog!! : ) Just kidding! Well, not really.

We'll definitely be at the baptism!!

Traveling Deckers said...

Happy Birthday Christian. A guitar sounds better than the drums. Go Christian :)

Traveling Deckers said...

Tag your it....

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

Happy Birthday Christian!!!!