Monday, December 15, 2008

Santa, PLEASE give them a lump of coal!!!

Yesterday was the longest day and unfortunately it's only going to get worse on the Santa set. My asst. manager tried to commit suicide on Saturday night and her daughter knew nothing about it until she was at work and understandably had a huge meltdown on the set. Austin and I left church early to take over. Now, for those of you unfamiliar with what the line for Santa is like, let me enlighten you. People start lining up about 30 minutes before we open and the line is usually about 1 1/2 to 2 hours longs. We only have one Santa that works all day with a couple of hour long breaks. How do we take care of Santa? We close the line early once we judge how long it takes from a certain point. If a customer is in line prior to us closing it, they get seen. If not, we have to turn them away or tell them to line up for the next session. That makes for ANGRY customers who seem to not care whether Santa ever gets a break. He's an old man, not a magical elf!! So, yesterday, we had the grandmother from *&*&%$ bring her grandson at 5:45pm. We still had a 25 minute line to get through prior to Santa getting a break before we began Pet Night @ 7pm. She created a HUGE scene. I called security for back up. Security was a woos (sp) and after talking to her for about 10 minutes, gave in instead of backing me. I might have gotten past that but the grandmother from *&^%$$ proceeded to tell everyone else that came up to the rope that they should insist as well. Security gave in second time. I told security that I didn't need their help anymore. No one else got past! We tried really hard to take a bad picture for the grandmother from %$*@*^, but unfortunately, her grandson was really cute and took a great picture on the 1st try.....dang it! Pet night started on time with a million dogs and two cats. It lasted past the 9pm close. I'm beat. Santa's beat. I'd like to know if a customer put my asst. manager over the edge...maybe I can blame her attempted suicide on the grandmother from #$%^@!!! Sorry for the rant.....

3 comments:

Roeckers said...

You know you're just the right person to deal with all this Wendy. I know you may not want to, but all of you momming skills have certainly trained you to be compassionate one minute, and stubbornly firm the next.

You're awesome!!!

Sorry you had to deal with it though.

Oh yeah. "woos" is spelled wuss.

-Jacob

Jeni said...

Where's that lady's Christmas spirit?! I cannot believe some people! So should we not come to see Santa this week?

Thanks to the above post for spelling wuss because I could NOT figure what the heck you were trying to say! ha ha ha

Laura said...

I can't believe that you are doing the Santa thing. After taking little Eric to see Santa this past Christmas I realized that I don't miss it at all! :)