Friday, December 5, 2008

Texting & Driving do NOT Mix!!!





Teenagers (and some adults) really need to get a clue... texting while driving is beyond stupid. Don't worry, Ashley and I are okay, but as you can see by the pictures our car didn't fare so well. According to the insurance adjuster, it's a total loss. Any advice on what kind of car to purchase next???
I imagine the teenage boy driving the truck that plowed into us won't be driving for a while. Poor kid just got his license to drive and BAM....his truck didn't look too good either. As for the lady that I was pushed into...minor bumper damage to her explorer.
Things to be grateful for: that no one was seriously injured, insurance, friendly police officers, apologetic fathers (the kid's dad was sooo nice), awesome EQ pres who stopped to help and took Ashley and me home, cell phones (not to text while driving, but to call 911 in an emergency!), undamaged Christmas presents that were in the trunk, awesome neighbors who checked on the kids.....this is the short list in addition to the many, many things I'm always grateful for!!

5 comments:

Coop, Trish, and the kids said...

oh my goodness. I'm glad you're all ok.

Roeckers said...

WOW!! OK I will never text and drive again!
Glad you are both alright. Would have hated to cancel next weeks visit due to an injury!

Roeckers said...

Ok so do you want to borrow my VW golf again?

You know if you're looking for a replacement I really liked that BMW 7 series that you used to have back in the day.

:-)

Glad you're all safe. Take care of yourselves and we'll see you this week.

-Jacob

Jeni said...

Yikes!!! Glad you guys are OK! Sounds like an Explorer would be a good choice for the next car. : )

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

glad you are okay...and that it wasn't YOU who was texting! :)