Monday, September 17, 2007

Home at Last!




Finally! It was a LLLOOOONNNNGGGG 4 1/2 months, but it's over now and there won't be any more deployments or field exercises or TDY's!!! For the next week, I'm going to be completely selfish and keep him all to myself, but I'll share with the kids when they get home from school.

Most of the family greeted Bruce by waving small American flags as he came off the plane. He wasn't expecting to see such a large welcoming party, but he was thrilled be home and surrounded by the family. Then it was on to our new home for cake and ice cream with Ira, Nancy & Mom and the entire Hopewell clan sans the Bjorns & Jordan who were definately missed! If only Craig could've been here, it would've been perfect!

2 comments:

Hopewell Family said...

We too are glad to have him home safe and your family together again.

Bruce and Roxi

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

I'm so glad you are all together again...and svend's glad your blog made me cry! I LOVE YOU GUYS and we are SOOO excited to see you BRUCE when we get home for Christmas! LOVE YOU!!!